Located in North Eastern Singapore, Punggol waterway is an invigorating estate that seeks to transform the housing sector in the country by introducing lifestyle living. In previous years, Punggol was largely a rural town whose main activity was farming and selling of farm produce. This is a distinct difference with today’s Punggol as highrise apartments have replaced the farms. Punggol WATERWAY consists of two main districts, namely Punggol Waterway East and Punggol Waterway West.
One of the things that sets apart Punggol Waterway Estate from other estates in the country is the concept of ‘Green Living’. This green renovation makes Punggol the first eco-friendly estate in all of Singapore. Green Living encompasses a number of features as discussed below:
– As far as this lifestyle is concerned, the estate is set to be built so that all the natural elements are tapped in a bid to make the estate sustainable. This means that the buildings are designed so that it is possible to tap the energy of the sun, wind and the rain.
– The use of the latest technology in the management of water, waste and energy makes this eco-friendly estate a first of many concepts. It remains the hope of many that this model of green living will be used in other housing projects by the Housing and Development Board (HDB, Singapore).
– It is not enough to simply design buildings that are eco-friendly. Citizens must also be proactive as far as this lifestyle is concerned. As a result, residents of Waterway in Punggol are set to engage in maintaining this Green Space. This is achieved with the use of transport options that do not pollute the environment. With the provision of cycling paths and charging ports at select stations, this is one of the ways residents can actively promote Green Living at an individual capacity. Car-pooling is also encouraged within the estate.
The introduction of the waterway in Punggol has changed concept of green-living for years to come. This is a man-made river that flows for 4.2 kilometers, and is actually the longest of its kind in Singapore. The Waterway is located on the East-West corridor of Punggol and merges with Sungei Punggol and Sungei Serangoon to create a large water body. What makes Punggol Waterway remarkably outstanding is the harmonious blend of facilities and amenities held together by the lush green landscape. Some of the notable features include:
– The Sunrise bridge which offers panoramic views of Punggol.
– Open landscape design that makes it possible for residents to keep fit. There are fitness corners spread across the waterway as well as the incorporation of play areas for the kids, truly a dream for the ideal family.
– There are also secluded areas of rest for residents and visitors who so desire an intimate setting away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
– Punggol Waterway also boasts of a commercial center to meet the various needs that residents have.
Punggol Waterway Park
The key attraction of this park has got to be the water play section where numerous water features make for an exhilarating adventure for the whole family. The sand play section also serves as a perfect getaway, an idyllic way to while an afternoon away. Washroom facilities make the park accessible and a delight to spend time in. For all it is worth, Punggol Waterway presents a new way of living.